Wednesday, July 14, 2010

There was a little turtle....

THERE WAS A LITTLE TURTLE

There was a little turtle

Who lived in a box.

He swam in puddles

And climbed on rocks.

He snapped at the mosquito,

He snapped at the flea.

He snapped at the minnow,

And he snapped at me.

He caught the mosquito,

He caught the flea.

He caught the minnow,

But he didn't catch me!
 
 
We have a turtle problem in our pond..major over-population.  I am talking hundreds. 
 
While Shane first enjoyed picking them off one by one...we discovered that that was stinky solution...literally. 
 
Therefore Shane went and purchased a turtle trap.  At first I was skeptical...I must admit.  However, in the last week and half we have trapped 116 turtles!!  It's insane!  I tell you....over population problem.  I swear turtles are the new "rabbits"..if you get my drift. 
 
Needless to say that trap has been a success to our problem and this way the turtles get to "live"..just not in our pond..eating our fish. Shane pulled this little guy out of the trap the other night and brought it in to show me.  If he would stay that small and not stink..I'd keep him.  I was SO tempted...but said good bye!  What a lil' cutie!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment