Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A recap of our trip to Smiley! -- All Smiles!!!

The 1st road trip was a success!!  They girls were great travelers for the 5 hour car ride and did pretty good sleeping their 1st night away from home!  





I had to stop and take a picture of our ride..as I felt like Sanford and Son.  We had 2 kids, 2 dogs and boat in tow.  Plus ALL the supplies that are needed. 




One of our favorite things to do on the Farm is to sit on the Front Porch and enjoy the Fresh Air!  (Usually we have drink in hand...coffee for sunrise and adult beverage for sunset!)  They girls enjoyed the porch and fresh air! 


Even Jake enjoys the porch!



The girls got to meet and bond with their Great Grandmother (aka - "Gigi").  They LOVED Gigi and Gigi really enjoyed them.  She held them until her arms were sore and she was too weak to hold them anymore!  She has "magic" touch as she was always successful at making them sleep and smile!  Below is Brooke sleeping (when she was supposed to be eating) and Ashlee smiling at Gigi's stories.



The girls got to meet Uncle Glen and their Great Aunt Liz.  I do not have any pictures (on my Mom's camera)..but I know that they all enjoyed bonding and playing!!   

The girls also took their 1st trip to Church.  They were very quiet and thankfully slept during the service and Gigi LOVED having them their for "show and tell."  You have to understand..the FUMC in Smiley, TX averages about 20-30 in attendance and the average age is probably 80! 






Overall the weekend was a success. I even went with Shane fishing on Choke Canyon Lake on Saturday and got to take a nice break!  He caught about 20 bass, one being 9 lbs...which was the biggest I had seen.  I did not catch ANY fish..not one!  But..I must say it was still a nice trip.  I took a nap on the boat and enjoyed the beautiful day that we were blessed with and an afternoon of no crying, feeding or diapers! 


We are now trying our best to "un-spoil" the girls from all the holding they received...but it has yet to be successful!!  I had to add the pictures below that I took today ... it's been a fun one!  Back to reality!!


2 comments:

  1. Laura! I love it all! It looks like y'all had a great time and don't you worry that my hormone imbalanced self just totally cried when I saw that picture of you, your mom, your grandmother and the girls! What a beautiful picture and precious memory!

    I also love that you guys were truly traveling in style...5 hours with the boat in tow! ha! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun! Love that you got to spend time with your parents and your grandma! And your "Sanford and Son" picture is crackin' me up!

    ReplyDelete