Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The weather is beautiful....it's time for a Road Trip!!!

I love "spring" time weather and have really enjoyed seeing the warmer temperatures and sunny (well somewhat sunny) days lately.  It has given us the opportunity to get the girls out of the house..and they LOVE it!  We have been on several walk/stroller rides.  We even took them to their 1st sporting event....they got to go watch their cousin Will play baseball over the weekend.  Of course they slept the entire time...but we secretly know that they enjoyed it.

The girls had another 1st this week.....baths in their "infant" tub!  I know...they are 7 weeks and I had yet to submerge them..but it took Ashlee 5 weeks to lose her umbilical and those freakin' casts = sponge baths only.  I did not feel compelled to let Brooke have all the fun before Ashlee!  Well..today was Wednesday...which means the cast came off this morning and Ashlee had time to stretch her legs (as much as she could with her hip harness) and Mom had opportunity to give her a good scrubbing!  They did not seem to be bothered by the new bath technique..and I think they both rather enjoyed it.  Below are pictures of the clean girls...I'll save you the naked butt pictures! 


Ashlee


Brooke


Tomorrow we leave to go to Smiley, TX to see Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) and to meet GiGi (Great Gramma...MY Gramma) for the first time!  Another 1st for the girls...an official road trip!  Gigi is SUPER excited to meet the girls and we are very anxious to get out of the city for a few days and get some good country air.  However, I will tell you I have spent ever spare moment (which is not many now days) trying to pack for the dogs, the girls and myself.  Whew...it's a lot to pack for a long weekend road trip!!   I have a feeling we might look like Sanford and Son driving down I-35 in Shane's truck tomorrow.

Here's to a great weekend of family, fun, fresh air and more "firsts" I am sure!







3 comments:

  1. Love the blog Laura...you're making the rest of us look like slackers! Have a wonderful trip with your family! Hugs, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip. You guys deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have SO much fun!! I hope y'all havea safe trip and a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete